Friday , January 15 2021

Explosion of Queenscliff resort: girls suffer severe burns on the Bellarine Peninsula



Three teens were burned by gas explosion during their school camp at a Queenscliff vacation park.

Two of the girls were transferred to the hospital of Alfred in a serious situation: one with burns towards her.

Paramedics and firefighters were called to the Big 4 Beacon Resort on Bellarine Road after the gas explosion near 20:00.

MORE LAW AND ORDER

A spokesman for the CFA said the fire caused a small camp stove.

Victoria Ambulance spokeswoman Lina Hawi said paramedics treated three girls of school age.

A girl suffered burns on her face and arms and was in serious condition.

Another girl suffered burns in the chest and stomach. Both girls were voted by air ambulance to Alfred's hospital.

A third child had burns in the superficial legs and was taken to the hospital of the University of Geelong in a stable state.

A member of the Big4 Beacon Resort said that the children were in the school camp.

He said that the girls were trying to change a gas cylinder in a personal camping kitchen when it exploded.

He described the scene as "chaos" and said that the exact circumstances were "a little blurry."

A CFA spokesman confirmed two firefighters from Queenscliff and a third unit of Ocean Grove was on the scene.


Source link