(DF): Those wishing to receive the seasonal flu vaccine are now invited to make an online appointment on the site monvaccin.ca. Simple, fast and confidential, this site allows neighbors in the sectors of Haut-Saint-Laurent, Jardins-Roussillon, Suroît or Vaudreuil-Soulanges to find the vaccination sites closest to your home. All people residing in the Montérégie-Ouest Health and Social Services Integrated Services Center (CISSS) of Montérégie-Ouest can use this service to make an appointment in the situation, date and time they need. it is better. You can even make your appointment or your family members in one step.
People who need help to make an appointment online can call the number 1 888 593-5116 And a telephone operator can help them.
In light of recent expert recommendations from the National Institute of Public Health of Quebec, the flu vaccination program and the target groups of children from 6 to 23 months old and adults aged 60-74, good health, have been withdrawn since they are now considered to be at low risk of complications. However, those who wish may receive the vaccine for free if requested.
Thus, the clienteles subject to the influenza vaccination program are the following:
- people with certain chronic diseases from 6 months of age;
- pregnant women with certain chronic diseases, regardless of the stage of pregnancy;
- pregnant women healthy in the 2nd and 3rd trimesters of pregnancy;
- people 75 years of age or older;
- relatives living under the same roof and caregivers of the mentioned persons and under 6 months;
- Health workers, especially those who pay direct attention to patients in hospitals and CHSLD.
The most effective way to protect yourself against flu
The CISSS staff at Montérégie West reminds us that vaccination is the best way to protect against seasonal flu. The 2018-2019 campaign began on November 1. The elderly and chronically ill people who are not vaccinated are at greater risk of complications, hospitalization and even death if they contract the virus. Therefore, it is essential that these people have an appointment.
For more information on the seasonal flu vaccination campaign, visit vaccincontrelagrippe.com.