The decisions of the Supreme Court on the poorly received wealth of Marcos and the compensation granted to victims of human rights violations during the regime of the dictator were sufficient proof that the family was robbed of people.
Mrs. Nancy Binay said in a court the court on Thursday that court decisions were the "best evidence" that Marcos's bad wealth existed, unlike President Duterte's claim.
"Then [there were] victims of human rights who received the compensation they owe them. Is not this proof enough? ", Said.
The reelection senator made the observations after the president expressed doubts about the accusations of bad wealth received against the late dictator Fernando Marcos.
Binay's father, former vice president Jojo Binay, was a human rights lawyer who was detained during martial law.
Meanwhile, the president signed a resolution of the Congress that extended until December 31 the maintenance, availability and release of funds destined for victims of violations of human rights during the regime of Marcos.
Claim payment extended
The president signed on February 22 the Joint Resolution n. 4, which also authorizes the Philippine Land Office and the Land Bank of the Philippines to "free the funds and ensure the payment of claims and for the Human Rights Commission to administer the effective distribution of funds to qualified victims or their heirs and representatives ".
The P10 million transferred to the government by the Supreme Supreme Court of Switzerland as an ingenuous wealth of Marcos will be used to pay claims.
Executive secretary Salvador Medialdea said yesterday that many families of human rights victims have requested the help of Malacañang because their relatives had already died. -REPORTATION OF JULIE M. AURELIO AND CRISTINA O. AVENDAÑO
Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to access The Philippine Daily Inquirer and other titles of over 70, have shared up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download from 4 in the morning and share articles on social networks. Call 896 6000.