Friday , June 18 2021

"Plastic Odyssey", a boat to raise awareness about the recycling of plastic waste



A ship that chooses to use plastic as a fuel: this is the adventure of Plastic Odissey. A prototype was launched. Part of the crew was in Brussels to present the project on Thursday.

"This catamaran is a recycling ambassador"Explains Simon Bernard, engineer and initiator of the project. Several engineer teams have been added to develop the system, which is free of charge. The principle? Plastic is processed to obtain diesel and gasoline, which are part of their components. kg of plastic can give a liter of fuel.

The goal is not to clear the oceans. "Once in the sea, it's too late: only 1% of plastic waste floats on the surface, the remaining 99% sinks or breaks into microparticles."Explain again to Simon Bernard."The source must be disconnected and recycle must be accessible. ""The idea is to offer countries most affected by pollution, developing countries, recycling technologies that can be replicated and improved to create a monial network of small recycling companies. "

Simon BERNARD, engineer and initiator of the Plastic Odyssey project is the guest of M, the editor's magician
M, the editor's magician, from Tuesday to Friday, at 18:20


Source link