These characters must be controlled by everyone, although the definitive resolution belongs to the doctor's hands – the father may consider the situation.
Cough, weakness, fatigue, fever … symptoms that are very common and parents are safe for their children. When is cold, flu or pneumonia? The so-called cold is caused by a whole series of viruses and it is not serious, it is enough to rest, enough fluid and peace to heal.
But another thing is pulmonary pneumonia. This is a potentially dangerous disease with the need for good treatment with antibiotics at the time. Even today, it is a disease that people die. Dangerous groups are always children. According to WHO, 156 million cases of pulmonary inflammation are annually annotated in children under 5 years of age.
Beware of changes in breathing
The problem, however, is that it is not easy for parents to distinguish a non-serious respiratory disease from pulmonary inflammation. Especially in infants and infants, the symptoms are poor.
In the case of newborns, fever may not be present, with fever and cough often in babies. It is always important to measure the temperature and not count on the estimate by using the hand stuck in front of the baby.
If cough occurs in children under 4 months, a doctor's visit is always necessary and pulmonary inflammation should be avoided. For children of all ages, seek medical help with respiratory difficulties. If the baby breathes effortfully, breathing in the nostrils, also below the throat, the chest is attracted to the middle space and the abdomen.
Breathing is often noisy, accompanied by whistles or snoring. It can also be very fast. Sometimes the bluish color of the dock also appears.
Such manifestations always require a medical examination and may also be present in other diseases other than pneumonia.
Inflammation of the lungs in babies can also be manifested by anxiety, restlessness or drowsiness, and there can be no cough. If a baby is swollen enough as usual, it is unlikely that a serious illness will occur.
However, if a child completely refuses to eat or is prematurely disconnected from a breast or a bottle, it is unhappy, nervous or apathetic, something is wrong. Care must be taken when the baby is not in his skin and acts as a sick person.
Pulmonary inflammation can begin as a common cold, but this does not improve but gets worse. It is surprisingly frequent and undesirable to underestimate it.
Typical and atypical
A special case is the so-atypical and cold pulmonary inflammation. Typical pulmonary inflammation is especially distinguished by very weak characteristics. For example, it can only show long-term cough without temperature (hence the name "cold") and other pronounced manifestations.
Despite poor symptoms and often normal physical examination results, this diagnosis is more pronounced in an X-ray image. This kind of inflammation causes different bacteria from those responsible for classical pneumonia, so treatment with antibiotics is usually different.
When do you call an ambulance?
- Because of breathing difficulties mentioned above
- When touching the dock or face when the baby does not spill
- If you think the child is in serious danger
Immediately go to the emergency room:
- Bleach the dock or the cheeks when you cough
- They are whistling during breathing, also with other sounds associated with breathing
- In the blood outgrowth
- With fast breath
- In fever higher than 40 degrees Celsius
- If the fever is less than 3 months
- In case of severe chest pain
- If the baby is "off", even if it is awake
- If a child with a weakened immune system coughs – patients with cancer, children who take corticosteroids, children after the transplant
- If you cough children with pulmonary disease – with cystic fibrosis
- If you cough children under 4 months old
- The child looks or reports how very ill
- Any doubt
Visit your pediatrician within 24 hours if:
- The baby has prolonged cough attacks lasting 5 or more minutes
- The cold symptoms have a baby under 6 months of age
- If fever lasts longer than 3 days
- If the fever returns after more than 24 hours after it has been withdrawn
- Both chest and chest pain
- If you think the child should be examined, it is not an acute condition
Check with your doctor at least on the phone:
- If coughing causes a baby to vomit 3 times or more
- When the nose is clogged for more than two weeks
- Cough that lasts for more than 3 weeks
- In the present symptoms of allergy – itching and rhinitis
- Any doubt or doubt