Thursday , July 29 2021

Briton dies of cat bite in Morocco with rage



12.11.2018 17.19

Online since yesterday, 17:19

A British died of rage in Morocco after being bitten by a cat there. The UK Public Health Service said today and specifically convened travelers with destinations in Asia and Africa to comply with vaccinations recommendations. As the Press Association news agency reported, the affected man was bitten several weeks ago, but was not treated fast enough.

"In this case, the vaccination was not fast enough," said Jimmy Whitworth, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine. In humans, the symptoms of rabies were "two to three months" after exposure to the virus. "It can only take a week, so it's important to see the doctor right away and cows," he said.

Anger attacks the nervous system, especially the brain, leading to complete paralysis and, finally, to death, said Jonathan Ball, professor of Molecular Virology at the University of Nottingham. "There are very effective vaccines, but they must be used before the symptoms appear," he said.


Source link